Police encourage Chippenham residents to utilise their Community Messaging Hub
Our local Community Policing Team are encouraging residents to subscribe to their Community Messaging Hub.
The service offers the following:
- FREE messages and alerts from your local Community Policing Team about policing and crime matters in your area.
- You can receive free messages by email, text or voicemail.
- You can choose which organisations to receive messages from and the type of information you receive.
- Currently messages are being sent by Wiltshire Police, Wiltshire Neighbourhood Watch, Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service, Action Fraud and Get Safe Online.
- Regular newsletter messages are also now sent from Canal Watch, Church Watch, Dog Watch, Farm Watch and Horse Watch.
- You can also join a Neighbourhood Watch scheme in your area or request to start a new scheme.
- Community Messaging aims to improve the flow of information between communities and the local police and fire service.
- You can reply directly to messages, for example from your local police officers with information to help them better police your area.
- If you have a video doorbell or CCTV on your home or business premises please tick the box CCTV Operator/Owner. By doing so you may be able support an appeal for video coverage when a crime is being investigated or missing people are being looked for.
To find out more and to subscribe visit https://www.wiltsmessaging.co.uk