Chippenham Hospital Radio is recruiting for a Volunteer Treasurer
Chippenham Hospital Radio currently has a vacancy for a Treasurer.
Who we are:
Chippenham Hospital Radio is a registered charity (No: 292802) which has been active in the town since 1984.
The charity runs a radio station that provides programming primarily aimed at patients, staff and visitors to the town’s hospital but also the wider community of Chippenham. All involved are volunteers.
Hospital Radio is widely recognised by healthcare professionals to contribute to the care package provided by hospitals, providing a comfort to those who are in hospital.
Why we need you
The charity treasurer role is vital to the running of the organisation as they look after all the finances. The role is one of three key officers of the charity, along with the Chair and Secretary.
What you will be doing
- Comply with all financial procedures.
- Maintaining accurate records of money coming in (income) and money going out (expenditure).
- Maintaining accurate records for restricted funds (money that has to be used for a specific purpose).
- Providing prompt and accurate information on income and expenditure for the Charities Commission. Data has to be provided once a year.
- Raising/Countersigning cheques.
- Ensure all expenditure is properly authorised. This means checking who the money is being paid to and why it is being paid.
- Ensure the bank account does not go overdrawn. This means regularly checking the amount of money in the bank account and being aware if too much money is being spent and not enough is coming in.
- Attend management and members meetings and provide a summary report of finances.
Skills, experience and qualities needed
- Good understanding of money, bank accounts, and how to manage finances.
- Able to manage time and deadlines to ensure financial records are completed.
- Confident in using a computer.
- Can complete spreadsheets/basic financial records accurately and clearly.
- Confident communicator.
- No previous history of bankruptcy.
- Satisfactory references.
When and where
- Flexibility on days and the amount of time committed to the role.
- Home based (plus travel to hospital for meetings).
What you could get out of it
- Support a fun and local charity.
- Meet new people.
- Wellbeing booster.
- Giving something back to the community.
If you’re interested in this position please email email@example.com or call 01249 456419.